Steven Jefferys Saddle Range
The Steven Jefferys range of saddles was designed
by Steve to satisfy a number of issues which Steve required from
1. A saddle to fit a large variety of horses backs
2. it had to spread the load evenly over a larger than normal areas
of the horses backs
3. It had to give support yet allow the rider to rise up and forward
in the saddle in order to enhance the schooling of a variety of
horses from various disciplines
4. The saddle has to sit close to the horse’s back with fenders
rather than traditional stirrup leathers in order to protect the
riders legs during long hours of work.
5. Above all other criteria was the over riding requirement that
the stirrups be positioned correctly to ensure the riders position
would be correct and balanced.
6. Has to encourage the riders seat to open at the hips in order
to position the lower legs correctly in contact with the horses
rib cage leaving the riders shoulders and hips positioned comfortably
over their ankles.
There are two versions of this saddle (pictured
right) . They can be purchased from
Saddleworld, http://www.saddleworld.com.au .
Please visit the Saddleworld website for a stockist near you and
current price range.